Submitted by David Iwana
The Kaiser Complex 5th Grade Fitness Meet for all the 5th graders from Kamiloiki, Hahaione, Aina Haina and Koko Head Elementary schools was held on April 21, 2023 in the Kaiser High School gym. A total of 270 students (14 classes) participated in this exciting event. Our Lions assisted in monitoring the activities of push-ups, Sit & Reach, Trunk Lift, Running, Body Composition, Standing Long Jump and CPR training!
The event objectives as described by the Department of Education are:
- Promote health and wellness among elementary students.
- Align fitness performance and goals to a national standardized assessment program.
- Provide an environment of health and fitness among participants.
- Inspire students to participate in physical activity.
- Create an environment of good sportsmanship and positive social interaction with all participants!
Our club’s involvement in this event accomplishes several of LCI goals! There were 7 Hawaii Kai Lions and 3 CIS volunteering: Lions Jeanne Alices, David Iwana, Marja Leivo, Frances Lum, Ken Nishibun, Roger Ede, Nancy Rocheleau and CIS Donna Ede, Iris Iwana and Bob Rocheleau.